Interview with Ms.Damini Grover | Founder at I’M Powered | Counselling Psychologist | Internationally Certified Heal Your Life Teacher & Life Coach | Author of The Intentional Being
We always strive to bring meaningful and powerful stories from India and around the world to empower and motivate our growing community. As part of this endeavour, we invited Ms.Damini Grover for an exclusive interview with us. Let’s learn more about her incredible journey, her background and her advice for our growing community
• Tell us a little bit about your start-up and your journey, please;
Hi. I am Damini Grover. I’m a Counselling Psychologist, Hypnotherapist, Emotional Intelligence Facilitator, Life Coach and Writer. I am also the Founder of I’M Powered-Centre for Counselling & Well-Being.
I completed my Graduation in Psychology from Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi University & Masters in Counseling Psychology from Amity University, Noida. I have done various other trainings & certifications as well.
I have been working with individuals & groups to help them cope with mental & emotional health challenges & enhance the overall quality of their life.
I feel blessed to have been a part of so many people’s transformations. I have also been fortunate to have learnt & grown so much through my work & connection with others.
• How did the idea for your business/startup come about?
I was very clear from the beginning that I would like to have my own set-up. After completing my studies, starting my Counseling & Therapy practice was an organic call. I dove into it and have only grown since then. I wanted to be an independent practitioner so that I could connect with individuals from all walks of life & facilitate their journey of self-awareness & development.
• What was your key driving force to become an entrepreneur?
I am guided by my values of autonomy, freedom, growth, well-being & balance. My values gave me the much-needed push to be an independent practitioner and have my own set up. Along with that I also believe in contribution. All my learnings till now have been through people & life events. I believe that we are connected to each other and through this connection, we can become catalysts or facilitate each other’s growth. Therefore, my own values became the key driving forces for me. Each & every day, they help me to facilitate somebody’s journey towards greater well-being.
• How did you come up with the name for your business/startup?
• The name ‘I’m Powered’ derives from the fundamental concept that we all have a basic power – the ability or capacity to do something or act in a particular way.
Some call it a survival instinct, some gut feeling or willpower. There is something innate in us that drives us to understand things in a certain way, act in accordance with what works for us and push ourselves to work on issues and make things right.
It is this power, that lies at the heart of our being and self- exploration.
I believe that ‘We all have the power to be empowered’. My own journey, life experiences as well as being a part of my clients’ empowerment, made me come up with the name and philosophy of I’M Powered. It highlights our ability to explore, resolve and change so that we can become a better version of ourselves.
• What service(s) or product(s) do you offer/manufacture?
I work with individual clients and help them cope with various concerns like anxiety, depression, relationship, family issues and self-growth & development. I am trained & certified in various therapeutic modalities like CBT, ACT, Hypnotherapy etc. I also conduct workshops & webinars on various self-help and development topics like Managing Conflict, Understanding Personality Differences, Emotional Intelligence etc.
I follow an eclectic approach while working with people.
• Did pandemic (COVID 19) affect your business? if yes how?
• The pandemic has pushed people to the edge in a lot of ways. Therefore,creating a major focus on overall health & well-being.
• It has helped people to understand and become more aware of their own mental & emotional health. The demand for individual therapy & self-help tools has gone up. It has exposed the mental health gap that we all have been living with. There have been ups and downs where due to financial or a grave health crisis, people have not been able to focus on their emotional health.Yet, at the same time , those who needed support have been seeking it and responding to it proactively.
• What comes first for you money or emotions?
Emotions for sure. My entire personal & professional journey has been about exploring, understanding & resolving emotions. Emotions are the fabric of life that bind us together. This is why I decided to become an Emotional Intelligence Facilitator, so that I could get an in-depth understanding of the world of emotions and extend the same knowledge & understanding to others.
• Please share with us a unique challenge you faced in your early career?
Well, it was an amusing challenge that I had to deal with when I began working with clients in therapy. I look younger than my age and people would often wonder if I’ll be able to help them out with their concerns. However, overtime my work has spoken for itself. People connect with me and I’m able to facilitate their journey. Now, the challenge is just a topic that makes for a fun conversation & ice-breaker.
• We know that you are continuously engaged in helping others achieve their goals. Why do you do that?
It’s something that comes innately to me. I come from a family of doctors so the spirit of contribution and well-being are ingrained in me. The fact that I’m able to contribute to someone’s life in some way & create meaningful shifts is extremely fulfilling for me.
• What advice would you give students and young professionals who want to have a successful career?
For a successful career, they should look at what excites & motivates them. While achievement & results are important.However, the process is far more enriching & rewarding. So the aim should be to keep learning with every set-back and transform it into gains. Success means different things to different people.Therefore, they should find their own definition and work towards it.
“At Brutnow media we tell you stories of change and those who dared to go the road less taken. Brutnow is a digital platform for your daily bite on what’s going on in your socio-economic landscape. We give you glimpses of the entrepreneurial world and highlight young thinkers and builders who may be the next big thing. We also analysis political, economical, technological header for the current scenarios. Our stories feature conversations ,helpful resources and insights from the industry that could be the motivation and push you’re looking for the company and your growth. We have interviewed and analyzed over 50+ entrepreneurs and counting , documenting their journey and struggles and their take on the future. An ecosystem of entrepreneurs”